In thinking about this case and the way that KFI has worked in collusion with the US Justice system from the start, there are a series of questions that need to be asked of those involved. These are questions that Gary Burnison, current CEO for KFI should be prepared to answer:
- Can you share why you allowed Joe Griesedieck and Bob Damon the platform to share Spencer Stuart’s Board Bible document with a number of key KFI partners, including Nosal?
- Why did you not fire Bob Damon when Mr. Nosal brought to your attention the racial comments that he made about an Asian-American KFI partner?
- Can you please share how many sealed agreements KFI has made with people who have filed lawsuits regarding sexual orientation/gender related issues, including the specifics on Marty Smye’s litigation against KFI?
- Can you please share how many lawsuits were settled behind the scenes that dealt with discrimination or ethical behavior issues?
- Can you please share why you allowed Bob Damon to stay employed at KFI once Mr. Nosal brought to your attention back in 2004, that his computer was filled with porn?
- Can you please share why Richard Spitz (and his associate), as well as Caroline Nahas, were not immediately suspended when Mr. Nosal brought to your attention the fact that Spitz plagiarized references on a CEO search, and Caroline Nahas seemed to not care. Was KFI sued when the client realized that the people who served as references for the executive were Spitz’s friends, and that the executive had never even worked for companies on his resume?
- Can you please share why KFI knowingly allowed Mark Jacobson, Becky Christian, Jacqueline Froehlich-L’Heareaux and Michael Louie to download over 30,000 records without stopping them prior to Mr. Nosal’s severance agreement expiring? What was your motivation?
- Can you please share whether or not you informed the Board of the ethical issues Mr. Nosal was concerned about in regards to the individuals that remained with KFI, up until recently and/or are still there?
- Can you please share why you felt the need to have a vendetta against your top performer, Mr. Nosal, when what he was trying to do was protect the KFI brand by coming to you, your COO and General Counsel directly with these issues?
- Once you knew Mr. Nosal had nothing to do with the 32,000 downloaded records by Christian, Jacobson, Froehlich-L’Heareaux and Louie, why did you not make a public statement apologizing to Mr. Nosal for your belief that he had anything to do with those specific downloads?
- Why is it that you are supporting the hiring of Francois Truc and his associate into KFI when you know that they not only stole proprietary information from Spencer Stuart in the last 12 months, but then wiped Spencer Stuart’s database clean of that same information? Isn’t this illegal?
- What was your contact with O’Melveny and Meyers and the U.S. government as it relates to the Francois Truc case, and why was it quickly settled and sealed in Cook County Superior Court?
Please see also: